New Zealand Open Source Awards SOLD OUT
- A capacity crowd will gather, and learn the award winners, at a gala dinner at The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa on Tuesday 23 October 2018.
A capacity crowd will gather, and learn the award winners, at a gala dinner at The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa on Tuesday 23 October 2018.
The Open Source Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding work performed with free and open source software. The awards celebrate the artistic, scientific and social improvements it delivers in New Zealand. The 2018 awards look at the successes over the last two years since the last NZOSA in 2016.
Don Christie, Managing Director of Catalyst stated, “Catalyst is proud to have supported from the first awards”. He then added “Its great to see the event grow since the first awards held in 2007’.
“The Open Source Awards are a great way to raise awareness of open source technology and the wider philosophy”. In line with the open philosophy, the event is being live streamed: https://live1.r2.co.nz/20181023/
“It’s truly wonderful to see such a wide range of projects involved. It’s a great showcase and celebration of the work being undertaken in the Open Source space“
The finalists are incredibly varied and include:
- Giving women prisoners the tools and opportunity to learn to weave
- Whare Hauora sensors for the measurement of healthy homes
- The Online Dictionary of New Zealand Sign Language
- The Electoral Commission's rebuild of the Election Management System
- A database for tracking Kea, plus a tool for documenting Kea sightings
The New Zealand Open Source Awards exist to recognise and promote:
- the direct contributions of individuals to free and open source projects or the promotion of free and open source philosophy, and
- exemplary use of free and open source by New Zealand organisations.
For more information on the awards, head to: https://nzosa.org.nz/
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact:
Don Christie, Managing Director, Catalyst: - M +64 027 470 7814 E email@example.com
- Catalyst is a New Zealand founded and owned organisation, specialising in open source technologies
- Established in 1997, Catalyst has 20+ years experience using open source technologies
- They specialise in developing, designing and supporting enterprise grade systems
- Proud sponsor of the New Zealand Open Source Awards: https://nzosa.org.nz/